11/4/15

Crazy for Cult...

"Science Fiction Double Feature"

My latest piece is a tribute to an all time classic, The Rocky Horror Picture Show. I really wanted to play up the idea of Frank N. Furter as the sexy, space faring, femme fatale. I also borrowed heavily from the colors and compositions of 1960's movie posters like Barbarella, to sell the camp and give it that classic sci-fi feel. 

This piece is for Gallery 1988's upcoming "Crazy 4 Cult" group show, celebrating the very best in trashy cinema. The show opens Friday, November 20th and will feature artwork from tons of talented artists all paying tribute to their favorite cult movies.



I'm super excited to be a part of this show, and I can't wait to see all of the amazing work. This is one of 1988's most popular shows, so get there early if you can.

No comments: